The Confluences Difference
Why Choose Confluences
Our Main Thing
Confluences has been offering exceptional expeditions on the Main Salmon since 1982. We keep our operation and our trip offerings tight and focused on this awesome stretch of river. This focus allows us to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and options for trip customization. It also means our guides and staff aren’t being pulled in from other rivers and other guide crews. We are a river family with an in-depth knowledge and love of the River of No Return, including all the side-hikes and attractions, indigenous and pioneer history, and fascinating natural history that comes with this incredible adventure.
More Than Just a River Trip
Our trips start and end in the scenic ski/lake town of McCall, Idaho, where sandy beaches, James Beard nominated restaurants, International Mountain Bike Association Silver status trail systems, world class fishing, and free, live music 5 nights a week await you. Likewise, as part of your package, guests fly a backcountry plane over the Frank Church Wilderness from McCall to Salmon–a once in a lifetime experience in itself! This allows you to have a multi-activity adventure with something for everyone in your group. And, embedded in our culture is a love of learning and teaching… you will leave having learned something about the beautiful places we explore.
At Confluences, we love helping guests achieve their perfect experience. Every year, we customize trips for schools, non-profits, birthday extravaganzas, and more. Our close knit family and in-depth knowledge of the Main Salmon affords us the ability to work with you to customize and charter the perfect trip for your group. See our Charter & Custom Trips page for info on how you can start crafting your dream trip today.
And that’s just the beginning…
- Personal service. We are known for our excellent attention to detail. We are just a phone call or an email away.
- Experience. Since 1982, Confluences River Expeditions has been offering world-class experiences on the Salmon River.
- Friendly, fun-loving guides. Our guides are licensed professionals who are dedicated to the quality of your trip.
- Great value. You will find that Confluences River Expeditions provides top quality trips at competitive prices. Our listed trips include all transportation starting and finishing at McCall, Idaho.
- Convenience. Once you reserve your raft trip seats and coordinate your travel to McCall, Idaho, you just have to plan what to pack: your personal gear, camera and a toothbrush. Leave the worry to us.
- Wilderness beauty. The Salmon River canyon has beautiful and breathtaking scenery, abundant wildlife viewing and exciting class III rapids.
- Options to learn. Our guides love to teach, whether that’s how to get down the river, about the life cycle of spawning fish, or the history of the canyon. We also work with charter groups to set up learning-focused trips (yoga retreats, professional development for educators, and more!).
- Creature comforts. Confluences River Expeditions provides state-of-the-art camping and boating equipment that allows you to enjoy the wilderness in comfort. You can expect delicious Dutch oven meals with wine & beer at dinner, nightly campfires and great camaraderie.
These are just a few of the reasons why you will want to join us and spend quality time with family and friends on the Salmon River. Come find out why more than 75% of our guests have rafted with us before or have been directly referred to us by friends.
Confluences River Expeditions has offered world-class Idaho rafting trips on the gorgeous River of No Return since 1982. We give personal service from the first phone call to the last rapid. Book your unforgettable Main Salmon River adventure today!