Three planning tips to make your Salmon River vacation the best week of the year
Raft Trip Planning Tips
A rafting vacation on the Salmon River requires planning ahead so that you get the trip dates that fit your schedule and your travel to Idaho goes smoothly. Here are three raft trips planning tips that will ensure your whitewater vacation is the best week ever.
Tip #1: Select your vacation dates early to accommodate your group and its needs.
- Do you have students? What is their school/sports schedule?
- Do you have other commitments? If so, what are they?
- Are you planning to add other destinations to this trip? If so, are dates flexible?
Tip #2: Decide how you will get to Idaho and how long you will stay before and after your trip
- What arrangements do I need to make to arrive in Salmon the afternoon before my trip’s launch date?
- Are you planning to drive? Are you closer to McCall or Salmon? If you are closer to McCall, will you drive to McCall and fly to Salmon? If you are closer to Salmon, will you have your car shuttled to McCall at the end of the trip or will you fly back to Salmon?
- Are you planning to fly? Will you rent a car once you arrive in Idaho or connect with a charter flight to Salmon?
Tip #3: Check your gear list early to ensure you have the right clothing to stay comfortable no matter what the weather is in Idaho
- Do you have rain gear?
- Do you have warm gear (fleece, wool, synthetic thermals) that performs when it is wet?
- Do you have quick dry (synthetic not cotton) shorts and tops?
- Do you have river sandals or shoes that provide traction on wet, slippery surfaces?
- Do you have a sun hat, sunglasses and a water bottle?
Whitewater Rafting on the Salmon River
Confluences River Expeditions has offered world-class Idaho rafting trips on the gorgeous River of No Return since 1982. We give personal service from the first phone call to the last rapid. Book your unforgettable Main Salmon River adventure today!