Driftboat Steelhead Fishing on the Salmon River in Salmon, Idaho
Idaho’s Salmon River provides a unique and wild setting in which to catch an equally unique and wild strain of steelhead. Based in Salmon, Idaho, we offer a driftboat steelhead fishing experience without equal in the lower 48 states. The scenery and wildlife combined with exciting fishing makes for a great day on the river.
Landing a Salmon River steelhead on a fly rod or spinning rod requires better than average skills and a lot of patience. Our expert guides know where the fish are and how to put you on them. We can promise that you will feel quite a thrill if you hook into a 10- to 13-pounder.
We provide a guided drift boat for every two fishermen. Casting is done predominantly from boats, and from shore or by wading. With 40 miles of river to choose from, we have the capability of fishing different water every day. We fish between four and nine miles per day. Distance depends on our launch point, river flow and fishing conditions.
Wendy and I had an outstanding time – it was Wendy’s first time in a drift boat – worked out great! What a gorgeous river.”
Darin & Wendy Koob, Kirkland, WA
What to Expect on a Single Day Driftboat Steelhead Fishing Trip
- Salmon River steelhead fishing trips start and end in Salmon, Idaho
- Full day of steelhead drift boat fishing with an expert guide for two fishermen
- Two fishermen per boat, three boats per day maximum
- Fly fishing, spoon casting, drift fishing, plug fishing
- All rods, reels and terminal tackle provided
- Recommendations for specific tackle if you want to bring your own
- Lunch with hot and cold beverages
Fall: mid-October, November, and sometimes early December
Spring: mid-February (sometimes), March and sometimes mid-April
Full Day rate: $425 per boat
Half day rate: $325 per boat (lunch not included)
Ladies Special: $405* per boat *for 2 women
Download Driftboat Steelhead fishing trip information here:
Drift boat steelhead fishing Trip Packet